How to assemble your PDF pattern
This handy blog post explains how to assemble your downloaded PDF pattern at home quickly and easily.
- Start by printing off your pattern pieces, ensure the settings say print to scale 100%. A top tip is to print the first page only to begin with. This is so you can measure the test square before printing the rest of your pattern pieces.
- Once you have checked the test square is the correct size, print the rest of your pages. Please note the instructions may not need to be printed if you choose to read them off your device while making your project.
- Have a look at your layout page and start by sticking together your pages in order of the numbers shown on the layout page, one page at a time then row by row. For example, the Caravan Cushion uses eight pages; two rows of four pages.
- Start with page one, fold back to the dotted line and attach to page two by lining up the dotted line and little marker triangles to make a square.
- Carry on with each row and then once a row is complete fold back one of the long joined lines, preferably from the first row.
- Then stick the first row to the second and so on.
- A top tip is to tape together each page with small pieces of celotape to begin with, this will make the job less fiddly. Start with taping in the middle where the triangles meet, then a longer piece going from one edge of the sheet of paper to the other.
- Once you have taped together all sheets of your pattern it's time to cut out your pattern pieces and get sewing!
We hope you enjoy sewing with our PDF patterns, we will be releasing all existing patterns as PDF downloads very soon. Head over to our online shop to find our extensive range of over 200 patterns to choose from!
Hi Tracey just downloaded the PDF version of Santa doorstop, very pleased with it and easy to put together I saw your post I think in the newsletter saying the pattern. Was only 6 pages which was why I downloaded it when you do more PDF patterns could you put the number of pages you have to print I wouldn’t want to download if there were masses of pages to print this would be really helpful many thanks kathy